Zen has been retired. Sol is now about the same price, much easier to build, and has more features.
Zen 2 PCB files can be found here
The build guide is here
- 62-66 keys, split design
- Reversible PCBs
- Top plate made of FR4 PCB material
- Powered by QMK running on two ProMicroor equivalents
- RGB backlit with 66 wS2812b LED per half
- 8mm thick without feet
Parts needed for a pair
2 Kit halves. Top, middle, and bottom are included along with some parts.
2 Optional type-C (TYPE-C-31-M-12) ports (difficult to solder)
66 1N4148w diodes, thru-hole or SMD. SMD is required for Choc switches.
66 100NF 0805 capacitors
66 SK6812 or WS2812b RGB LEDs
16 2x1 2.54mm Pin headers
2 5V/16MHz Pro Micros with pins (official, blue clone, or black clone), pairs are also available at RGBKB. The PM will have limited brighness compared to the Elite-C. Also compatible with the Elite-C and Proton C. Proton-C does not have working split code yet.
66 Switches, MX or Choc
10 M2.5 x 5mm standoffs for MX builds only (recommended to help assembly) Hex must be >5.2mm wide.
- (Optional) 2 Rotary encoders
TRRS or Type C cable for interconnect
- USB cable
- Bumper feet of your choice
- Keycaps, any Ergodox-compatible set will work.
- Soldering iron. I recommend the Hakko FX-888D. Fine tip recommended for LEDs and Diodes.
Flush Cutters Can be found in hobby shops
Solder wire 0.032" or smaller will make SMD soldering easier
- Tweezers to hold small components while soldering