Includes Left and Right halves, LED boards, 8 M2.5 Screws, and a USB Fusion PCB (not assembled).
Please contact me if you want full hand LED PCBs. Hold your spot by purchasing the regular PCB. Thanks!
Build guide available here
Sol, a successor to Zen, is a full RGB split keyboard with an ortholinear layout. Per-key RGB backlight and underglow with 88 total LEDs make it the brightest keyboard available. This is a full-featured keyboard PCB, no Pro-Micro or soldering diodes required.
The main PCB is assembled with all electronic components presoldered, including 7 underglow LEDs per half. The LED boards are available with presoldered components, or without for a reduced price. Unlike other RGB boards, Sol uses a separate PCB to mount WS2812B LEDs below the switch, brighter than the standard mid-mount LEDs that other boards use. The boards are connected and powered by USB-C, allowing a safer and hot-swappable experience over the typical TRRS/MicroUSB solution.
The board allows for power to be delivered from two sources. During normal operation, the keyboard can pull ~1.2A from two USB ports. At full white with reduced saturation, each RGB diode reaches full brightness, requiring beyond 3A of power. A special power adapter, USB Fusion, can be used to deliver that power. A bare USB Fusion PCB is included, also available presoldered.
USB Fusion is not required to run all LEDs, only for maximum brightness.
Sol can be powered 3 ways:
- 1. A single USB port, ~0.75A limit.
- 2. Two USB ports, one to each half, ~1.5A limit.
- 3. USB Fusion, 6A limit.
Additional features include:
- Type C for both USB and interconnect. Runs QMK.
- Black PCB with gold contacts
- MX and Kailh low-profile
- Basic tenting using standard CNC case feet (5.3deg)
- More tenting angles available using 3D printed feet
- OLED and rotary encoder support
- MX holes sized specifically for Holtite 8P3/8P2 sockets
- Thin design: 10.2mm MX /7.2mm with low profile switches
You will need:
- Case: Milled, Plate, or custom
- Switches: 68-74 MX or Low Profile(plate case only)
- PCB-mount Stabilizers, up to 4 (Transparent will give the best lighting effect.)
- Keycaps, all Ergodox sets are compatible
- Type C cables for PC and interconnect, must be data capable
- Feet: rubber sheet or pads
- For DIY LEDs, you will need 74 WS2812B LEDS and 74 100nF 0805 Capacitors.
- Compatible OLED panels must use the SSD1306 Driver
This keyboard is sold as a kit, with no warranty or guarantee of operability. Building this keyboard will require soldering and basic programming. For support, please visit the discord channel on the about page.