The brightest keyboard on Earth! Sol is a split ortholinear keyboard with ergonomic thumb and modifier areas.
- Gaming and typing/programmer focussed layout, best of both worlds, derived from Zen
- Compatible with all Ergodox-based keysets. Outer columns support 1u, 1.25u and 1.5u caps.
- Reduced cost compared to other pre-soldered split ergo boards.
- High amount of customization through rotary encoders, OLED and SPI+I2C pinout
- New build system that allows for budget options, high end frames, or future upgrades.
- Open Source 3D files and schematics
Solid Hardware Specs
Check out Keyboardbelle 3D-printed cases and MKUltra Wrist pads! Accessories and a soldering service can be found here in the Sol Collection!
- Choose between standard 1.8mm Aluminium Plate and a 4.8mm aluminium gasket plate for a more premium feel and reduced bottom-out noise
- Tenting Feet available between 5 & 20 degree angles
- Case options range from Full Hand to just the board and can be 3D Printed or purchased.
The Sol 2 Keyboard (PCB)
Sol 2 1.6mm plates
Sol 2 Gasket Mount 4.8mm plates
Sol 2 Polycarbonate Frame
Sol 2: Starfighter Frame
Sol 2 3D-printed OLED mounts
Another Tab Contents
What do I need?
- PCB Kit: Includes 4 PCBs, 2 top PCBs for your switches (left/right) and 2 bottom PCBs for the LEDs (Left/Right). All components and LEDs are pre-soldered
- Plates: Choose either our 4.8mm Gasket Mount or the 1.6mm standard mount. Includes standoffs, screws and O-rings (For GM). DIY files are available.
- Frame: While not needed for operation these will protect the keyboard. We offer our flagship Starfighter full-hand frame, a polycarbonate full-hand or regular hand frame along with a bent steel regular hand frame. DIY files available
From other sources
- Switches: 68-74 MX or Choc. Transparent base will work best, PCB or Plate Mount (Choc uses 1.6mm only, requires 4mm standoffs)
- Stabilizers: 0-4 PCB-Mount
- Keycaps: all Ergodox sets are compatible
- Type C Cables: One to the PC and one between the halves. Must be data capable, 3A capability
- Optional: Fullhand Wrist Pads from MKUltra.click
- Optional: Holtite 8134-HC-8P3/8P2 sockets
- Optional: Rotary Encoders, OLED Panels, or cone tenting feet
- Optional: SK6812 LEDs for tenting postitions