Introducing the Zygomorph keyboard, the thinnest keyboard ever
The Zygomorph group buy starts Jan 11th and runs until Feb 11th, visit the product pages to see all the details.
- 3.0mm below-switch thickness, with no open pads/thru-holes
- Flush bottom screw-together design
- Symmetrical design with configurable USB C ports
- 18.9mm switch pitch for minimal size
- Breakaway bottom row
- Four possible layouts, split and connected
- 10 rotary encoder positions (one circuit per half), top OLED breakout
- Pre-soldered components and per-key RGB LEDs standard
- Available with both white and black PCBs
- Prices: $35 per half, $5 plate and $40 CNC acrylic case. Available in both 5x6 and 4x6.
- GB starting in January!
- Will it be wireless? No. Batteries add thickness, and reduce RGB. Also, wireless keyboards r dum.
- Do I need a ProMicro? No, all electronics are onboard.
- Do you have case files? All 3D files and board outlines will be on Github
- Does it support tenting? No, but files will be available to have tenting plates made.
- Zen had open contacts on the bottom, does Zygomorph? Zygomorph uses a new board layer design that maintains 3.0mm thickness without exposing the bottom electronics.
- When is Sol round 2? Sometime after Zygomorph ships.
- How is this different from Lets_Split, Nyquist, Planck, or Preonic? It's thinner, brighter, and cheaper.
- Why is it called Zygomorph? The board is symmetrical to its very core, like a zygomorphic flower. Also, Zlant stole my spot at the end of the QMK list so I had to take it back.