Zygomorph Keyboard PCB group buy. The thinnest keyboard ever.
Supports MX and Choc low-profile switches
Includes ONE HALF PCB, screws, bolts, and headers. You'll need to purchase two for a full board.
- Group buy opens 1/11, closes 2/11
- Estimated ship date: Late May
All news on a build guide and production updates are available here on the discord.
Check out the WIP build guide here for required parts
Is it a split 5x6, or a 4x12? It's both! The Zygomorph keyboard is a new ortholinear keyboard from RGBKB. It has USB-C ports, 18.9mm switch pitch, and all pre-soldered components with per-key RGB LEDs. Powered by the Atmega32u4, this board runs on QMK and is the perfect travel or SFF board. Also available in the GB is an aluminum plate or CNC acrylic case. In this build, the LED PCB acts as the bottom plate you may see in other sandwich keyboards.
- 3.0mm (+0.2/-0.1) below-switch thickness, with no exposed electronics.
- Flush bottom screw-together design. The bottom row can be broken away.
- Two PCBs can be combined for a 5x12 or 4x12 layout without the need for an extra cable.
- 18.9mm switch pitch for minimal size.
- 10 rotary encoder positions (one per half), top OLED breakout (DIY)
- 2u in the corners for 5x6 config only
- Pre-soldered components and per-key RGB LEDs standard
Zygomorph has several case options:
- 1. None: Cheap, not recommended for combined builds
- 2. Plate: Good for MX or Choc
- 3. Acrylic CNC: Choc only
- 4. Acrylic CNC + Plate: MX only
- 5. 5x12 or 4x12 FR4 Plate
- 6. Custom: Files available soon, including 5x12 and 4x12 plates
You will need to clip the pins and posts of your switches down to <2mm to fit into the board. Requires soldering and the use of flush cutters. These boards do not support holtites or millmax sockets (millmax may work with modification).
This keyboard is sold as a kit, with no warranty or guarantee of operability. Building this keyboard will require soldering and basic programming. For support, please visit the discord channel on the about page.